Corinth Classical Academy
K - 2nd Remote Learning Plan
Corinth Classical Academy has developed a plan that a) significantly reduces (not eliminates) the use of hard-copy materials and b) allows for some degree of student self-pacing. To do this, CCA relies (for Grades K-2) on Google Classroom, Packet Handouts, and various online resources.
Parents should familiarize themselves with the following five platforms and their purposes. Login information will be provided to parents by their student’s teacher via Jupiter Ed. Parents can use their discretionary power to schedule access to these platforms for their student(s).
Google Classroom - All teacher-student communication of assignments.
Jupiter Ed - Parent-Teacher email Communication; Grades, Assignments
Google Meets - Open-Tutoring sessions; parent-teacher conferences.
Reading A-Z (K- 2nd only) - Reading assignment; Assessments
Other Systems as Needed by Grade Level - Science, Spelling, and Other Resources
- For Parents with no WiFi or computer access please contact your respective Assistant Headmaster, Mrs. Wallace for K-2 or refer to the WiFi Resources for Families sheet.
- All communication regarding school work will now take place via Google Classrooms and Jupiter Ed..
- All conference calls and/or meetings via a computer will take place through Google Meets. To access Google meets:
- Open Google Calendar
- Click on the desired Conference in the Calendar (be sure to click the session for the present day).
- Click “join Hangouts Meets.”
- Click the “Join Now” Button.
- Open Google Calendar
- Assignments will be posted weekly on Monday mornings via the Google Classroom and Jupiter Ed.
- Work for the whole following week will be posted.
- Students will self-pace at parent discretion.
- Students will have 5 days to complete their work from the date it was posted by the teacher. Since teachers are required to post their work every Monday morning, all student work is due by Friday at 11:59 PM.
- Teachers will be sending a recommended “Daily Schedule” that can be self-paced depending upon the abilities and technology availability of families.
- Students may be required to pick-up any hard-copy assignments from campus at the new designated Pick-up/Drop-off times. For now, both grammar and upper campuses will be open on Monday and Tuesday from 11am to 2pm to assist with picking up these materials. Please note this is subject to change if shelter-in-place rules become more restrictive.
- Virtual Office Hours will be available for students each week.
- Please see the school website for schedules. K-2 will have a separate tab that will show respective schedules.
- Virtual Office Hours are intended for general questions students and parents may have. Parent conferences may be set up with the teacher outside of these Open Office times.
- Office times will take place on Google Meets.
- These times may be increased depending on student needs.
- Students and families may request additional office times with their teachers.
- Grades will continue to be available through the Jupiter Ed System.
- It is expected that all assigned work for each week is completed by 11:59 PM on Friday.
Online Behavior Expectations:
- Students are expected to demonstrate regular classroom behavior while in an Open Tutoring Session.
- Speaking in turn is essential for Open Tutoring communication.
- Students must not interrupt one another or the teacher during Open Tutoring sessions.
- Eating, playing games, watching T.V., phone use, etc. should not occur while a student is attending Open Tutoring to avoid distractions to themselves and others.
- Students who disrupt an Open Tutoring session in any way may be muted or removed from the session.
The self-pacing ability of this plan will meet accommodations such as extended time on work, frequent breaks, etc.
- For accommodated assignments, teachers will be contacting the individual students/parents. Our SPED/504/Dyslexia teams will be working with their students virtually.
Illness Policy and Late Work Policy
- We recognize that as we acclimate to the online learning environment, individual situations may vary. Please contact your appropriate teacher or grade level administrator for cases of a prolonged illness or lack of access to the learning platforms.
Free Smartphone Scanning Applications
Completed work may be scanned in via a scanner or a phone scanner app (phone pictures are also an option). There are a variety of free scanning apps that you can download to your phone for submitting work. The school recommends some of the following options:
- Genius Scan
- PDF Scanner