Corinth Classical Academy
3rd - 11th Remote Learning Plan
Corinth Classical has developed a plan that a) significantly minimizes the use of hard-copy materials and b) allows for some degree of student self-pacing. To do this, CCA relies on the Bright Thinker (Buzz) platform and Google suite, including Google Classroom (limited), and Google Meets.
Parents should familiarize themselves with the following four platforms and their purposes. Login information will be provided to parents by their student’s teacher via Jupiter Ed. Parents can use their discretionary power to schedule access to these platforms for their student(s).
- Bright Thinker/Buzz - Core Content
- Google Classroom - Some Core Content in Grades 3-6
- Jupiter Ed - Parent-Teacher email communication, Grades and Assignments
- Google Hangouts Meet - Open Office Hours/Open tutoring sessions; Parent conferences
- For Parents with no WiFi or computer access please contact your respective Assistant Headmaster, Mrs. Wallace 3-6, or Mrs. Leonard 7-11 or see the information titled WiFi Resources for Families.
- Most communication regarding school work will now take place via Bright Thinker (Buzz) and Jupiter Ed.
- All parent conference calls and/or meetings via a computer will take place through Google Meets. To access Google Meets:
- Open Google Calendar
- Click on the desired Conference in the Calendar (be sure to click the session for the present day).
- Click “join Hangouts Meet.”
- Click the “Join Now” Button.
- Open Google Calendar
- Assignments will be posted weekly on Monday mornings by 8:00 am via Jupiter Ed.
- Work for the whole week will be posted.
- Students will self-pace.
- Students will have 5 days to complete their work from the date it was posted by the teacher. Since teachers are required to post their work every Monday morning, all student work is due the following Friday by 11:59 PM.
- Open Tutoring /Teacher Virtual Office Hours will be available for each teacher at various times during the week.
- Please see the school website for schedules. 3rd-6th and 7th-11th will have separate tabs that will show respective schedules.
- Virtual Office Hours are intended for general questions students and parents may have. Parent conferences may be set up with the teacher outside of these Open Office times.
- Office times will take place on Google Meets.
- These times may be increased depending on student needs.
- Students and families may request additional office times with their teachers.
Grades and Calendar
- Grades will still be available through the Jupiter Ed System.
- Students will be graded on the assignments submitted through Buzz. Parents should not follow the calendar or grade notifications on Buzz as they will often be an inaccurate reflection of what your student is doing or how he or she has performed. Instead, please view the Jupiter Ed for course pacing and grades.
- It is expected that all assigned work for each week is completed by Friday at 11:59 PM
Online Behavior Expectations:
- Students are expected to demonstrate regular classroom behavior while in an Open Tutoring Session.
- Speaking in turn is essential for Open Tutoring communication.
- Students must not interrupt one another or the teacher during Open Tutoring sessions.
- Eating, playing games, watching T.V., phone use, etc. should not occur while a student is attending Open Tutoring to avoid distractions to themselves and others.
- Students who disrupt an Open Tutoring session in any way may be muted or removed from the session. A notification will be sent to parents via Jupiter Ed.
Writing or Hard-Copy Assignments
- Students may be required to pick-up any hard-copy assignments from campus at the new designated Pick-up/Drop-off times. For now, both grammar and upper campuses will be open on Monday and Tuesday from 11am to 2pm to assist with picking up these materials. Please note this is subject to change if shelter-in-place rules become more restrictive.
- Details regarding assignments and due dates will be posted by the teacher weekly on Monday mornings via Jupiter Ed.
The online system will provide accommodations to our 504/SPED students. The self-pacing ability of this plan will meet many accommodations such as extended time on work, frequent breaks, etc.
- For accommodated assignments, teachers will be contacting the individual students/parents. Our SPED/504/Dyslexia teams will be working with their students virtually.
Illness Policy and Late Work Policy
- We recognize that as we acclimate to the online learning environment, individual situations may vary. Please contact your appropriate teacher or grade level administrator for cases of a prolonged illness or lack of access to the learning platforms.
Free Smartphone Scanning Applications
Completed work may be scanned in via a scanner or a phone scanner app (phone pictures are also an option). There are a variety of free scanning apps that you can download to your phone for submitting Math work. The school recommends some of the following options:
- Genius Scan
- PDF Scanner